Tackling an exponentially growing market
Great challenges are accompanied by great opportunities. The world's population is growing steadily, and the demand for food is rising accordingly. At the same time, farmland is diminishing due to climate change effects like dryness and droughts. Therefore, sustainable solutions are essential. One of these is called CEA: Controlled Environment Agriculture. Deliscious focuses on this approach, which combines many advantages:
- Up to 90 % less water usage
- Full-year production
- Reduced greenhouse emission through short transport distances
- No use of pesticides/herbicides
- Longer shelf life retains flavor and texture
- Use of AgTech through data, sensors, AI and robotics
- Stable supply to local retailers
So far, the CEA industry has a limited focus on the European market, which gives Deliscious the opportunity to expand into valuable markets as a frontrunner, once again.
Addressing important megatrends
With this business segment we are addressing several megatrends – meaning fundamental and long-term changes with global impact – at the same time.